Friday, June 14, 2013

The Art of Doing Nothing....

by Susan Hagen
E Mind Design

I am lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.  Charleston has gorgeous beaches and is abounding with history.  I believe my favorite place to be is by the ocean, the sound of the waves lapping up onto the beach, the ocean breeze flowing through my hair and the warm sand under my feet.  This is the time that I sit back and enjoy the feeling of nothing, no thoughts running through my head just pure joy. 

It is so important to take some time for yourself in this hectic world we live in.  This is for your own sanity but did you know that some of the greatest minds the world has seen took time for meditation?  When you practice doing nothing on a regular basis you are exercising your brain.  What happens is that when you are in a state of relaxation your mind has the ability to see the big picture.   The more you practice the technique of going from a Beta state of mind to an Alpha state of mind the better we are at seeing the forest and the trees.  Let me explain.  When you are in a Beta state of mind you have the ability to see the detail in a problem.  You can focus in on the problem.  When you move to an Alpha state of mind you are able to see the big picture.  This ability is what sets the leaders of the world apart of the masses. 

So this weekend practice doing nothing…….

No comments:

Post a Comment