Saturday, June 29, 2013

How does Your Garden Grow... Creating Goals for the Future


          We planted a garden in late April with everything that you need to have a wonderful home grown salad.  Tomatoes, lettuce, peppers and onions.  I watered it every day and kept vigilance over it to make sure that the plants were growing.  I watched and watched and watered and watered…. Nothing I thought…. But then the first tomatoes and then another and then 5, 10, 20 tomatoes.  The lettuce came up from seed and the peppers are incredible. When I planted the garden I took pictures and filed it away on my phone.   I looked back on the past picture of when I first planted the garden…. It was incredible the growth of the plants.  The fruits of my labors were and are paying off.  Growing slowly but expanding to give us the vegetables to make an incredible salad.

          I contemplated this and thought how ironic that a garden is just like so many things in life. ideas that I planted and started in my life have grown and matured just like the garden.  It is truly amazing what you can do by focusing and creating a vision of where you want to go in your life. One of the best tools that I have found to help me grow the “seeds” of my ideas is writing vision and goals down.  I review them daily so that I know the path that I’m creating in my life.  My daily review helps me to connect to the knowledge, people and things to realize these goals.   I'm still working the list but I know that what you think about comes about and creating the vision is the key.


          When writing your vision statement and goals think of you in the future and ask yourself some key questions.  Remember to give yourself time frames like I see myself writing a bestselling book and publishing it before the end of the year….

  • What are your values?
  • What is your purpose in life?
  • How would you like to be described by your friends, relative, coworkers etc.?  What do you need to do to ensure this is true?
  • What do you want to be doing?  How do you see your ideal day/week?
  • Where are you living?  Whom do you see around you?
  • What actions do you need to take to make it happen?
  • What changes do you want to be a part of?  What is your legacy?
  • What are the different roles in your life (parent, spouse, worker etc.) and how will you evolve in each of them? 
              
         The truth is it all starts with a "seed" that we plant in our mind and many times until we look back we don’t realize that goals we set were realized.   It really takes planting the idea of what we want into our subconscious and letting it grow.  We can create incredible things if we believe in ourselves and our vision for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment